Sigma Enterpreneurship Development and Incubation Centre (SEDIC) was established to help students start and find funding for new businesses.The centre organises seminars and guides students in registering their copy-rights under IPR. Our Bakrol campus is also the Head Office for Startup India’s Vadodara chapter.
It is a nodal institute approved by Industries Commissionerate, Government of Gujarat. It is the only nodal institute of Vadodara region. SEDIC has the objective of promoting specialized knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship development and creation of ecosystem for Startups. SEDIC incubates startups with innovative ideas, to make them successful innovative business endeavours. Innovation is the process of introducing new or making changes to products, processes and services.
Core Activities of SEDIC:
• Nucleation of new businesses by creation of suitable ecosystem for Startups’.
• Nurturing businesses through their start-up phase by creating and running an efficient business incubator offering not only space but also access to technology support, business mentoring, networks, scientific and information resources, seed funding and a generally conducive and supportive environment.
• Run an active program in building (and sharing generously) resources, networks, competencies and special expertise in select areas at the interfaces of technology and innovation, business and entrepreneurship, and government and policy.
Assistance for Innovation:
- Rs. 10,000 per month to the innovator as sustenance allowance for one year
- Upto Rs. 5 lakhs assistance to the institution for mentoring services
- Upto Rs. 10 lakhs assistance for Cost of Raw material/components & other related equipment’s required for the innovative process.
- Assistance once the idea/concept get commercialized:
- Marketing/publicity assistance of upto Rs. 10 lakh for the introduction of innovated product in the market.
- Project of Innovated Product will be assisted in getting Venture Capital.
- Various VAT Incentives
Click here if you have an innovative idea and you wish to apply.
Startups funded by Government of Gujarat through SEDIC:
- 3- Step Automated Power factor controller (Funding received 10 lakh INR)
- SocioRac Mobile App (Funding received 5 lakh INR)
About 3 Step Automated Power Factor Controller:
Founder: Mr. Kautilya Panchal
APFC or Automatic Power Factor Control Panels are mainly used for the improvement of Power Factor. Power Factor is the ratio of active power to apparent power and is a key factor in measuring electrical consumption. Everyone knows that how costly electricity has become in present time. Therefore, it becomes important to cut down on electrical consumption for reducing expenditure.
In any industrial units and establishments, most of the loads are electrical motors and air-conditioning units. These loads are inductive in nature, where the current lags the applied voltage and the power factor is termed as lagging power factor. With capacitive loads, the current leads the voltage and the power factor is termed as leading power factor.
The objective therefore should be to neutralise the lagging power factor of inductive loads by connecting capacitors across the load, which have leading power factor. There are Automatic PF correction solution is available for bigger or huge industries than SSI where mostly multiple capacitor bank needed to be triggered for desired PF. But in small scale industries, where connected load is not more than 50 Amperes, there is no such cost-effective automated solution available. Due to this, the whole sector is using direct shunt or parallel capacitor in their electrical circuit which results in following problems:
• Non-productive usage of electricity is caused due to over correction of PF (> 1.0) results in higher utility bill.
• Longevity of the “Reactive Device” or “Shunt or Parallel Capacitor” is affected.
• Unnecessary overheating of wires which is caused by over correction of power factor which may result in the fire and damage of property.
• Damages of electrical switch gears could also occur when these “Reactive Devices” or “Shunt or Parallel Capacitor” are controlled manually, and they may also results in lethal electric shock accidents because of their high current discharge.
Many power factor controller like 8, 10, 12, etc. step automated power factor controller are available for power consumption of big industries but SSI units need lesser step APFC, which is not available in the market. Also, these solutions are comparatively more capital intensive.
So, this solution, 3 Step Automatic Power Factor Correction/Controller is for the small scale industries (SSI) to accommodate their lesser load (<= 50 Ampere) and lower PF (up to 0.6). With our product they can control their poor PF from 0.6 to 0.9. This might be a small product but has very huge requirement of current small scale industry. This product will be available at comparatively less rates in the market. Also, looking at the market segment of SSI units in the Gujarat and other manufacturing states, this product has huge demand and job potential as well.
About SocioRAC Mobile App:
Founder: Jitendra Singhania
SocioRAC – ONE-CLICK One-Point solution to save content from any app/ screen on your mobile in an efficient and organized way. Manage the content, share it or even print it. Gone are the days of screenshots, copy-paste and looking for your content through multiple files. SocioRAC has a patent pending proprietary pop up manager which POPs up to your rescue anytime you think of saving or sharing any content on any of the external apps that you are using. Any content selected and copied or shared on any social media platform, triggers a pop-up window and the user can save the content efficiently in an organized manner through this app and avoid interruption of copying and pasting data manually.
SocioRAC has a few unique features that make it stand apart:
1. Pop-up window allowing you to save content with one click on any content, on any app without leaving the screen/ app and what you are reading
2. White board and content/ reminders/ calendars sharing possible in a very efficient manner. Automatic creation of reminders and calendar entries on the recipient’s phone.
3. IP protection (Trademark, Copyright and Patent) already filed for SocioRAC
4. End to end solution to – read content anywhere, retain at one place, share/print from one place and manage it – features only advanced mobile apps have.
SocioRAC transforms your content to Smart Content and make your life easier, relaxed and more productive. Click here to visit our website.