Sigma Group of institutes (SGI) allocates 15 % of its seats for international students under the Foreign/NRI category. This includes foreign citizens, Person of Indian Origin (PIO) Card Holders, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and NRI-sponsored students (sponsored by NRI parents, brother/sister of parents, brother/sister of the candidate, and grandparents of the candidate). Total 38 students have studied at SGI from different countries like Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Mozambique, Nigeria, Uganda, Maldives, Sri lanka and Zimbabwe under ICCR scheme and self finance scheme. Looking forward SGI expecting more International Students from 17+countries in academic year 2021-22.
SGI admits Indian & International students with the qualifications obtained from Indian/foreign board/university, to its undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) and Super Speciality (SS) programs in Health Sciences, Technology, Management, Humanities and Applied Sciences based on the qualifications recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
On confirmation of admission, the International Admission Office issues a letter to the student to obtain a Student Visa from the Indian Embassy/Consulate. The department also forwards the list of foreign/NRI students admitted along with the required documents to the relevant ministries of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOHFW), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India (GOI) to obtain the ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) for the students to pursue their higher education at SGI.
The Department of International Student Cell (ISC) looks after the day-to-day affairs of the foreign / NRI students.
Email the Office of International Admissions for any further details/queries at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Foreign Students: Students holding passports issued by foreign countries including people of Indian origin who have acquired the nationality of foreign countries.
• Non-Resident Indians (NRI): Student with NRI status; students who are Indian citizens but have written their qualifying examination (equivalent to the 10+2) from a school or college abroad
• NRI Sponsored Students: Students are Indian citizens, whose immediate family member (parents, parents' siblings or students’ siblings) is an NRI
Step 1 : Fill Admission form on sigma official website www.sigma.ac.in and Submission of copies of documents for Admission on email@example.com or contact call/whats app +919909976805.
To apply for admission, please mail the scan copies of following documents
1. Photocopies of Transcripts equivalent to levels "O", "A", Diploma, Bachelor's Degree (final year mark sheet) and Degree Certificate, masters etc. (whichever is applicable)
2. Photocopies of Academic/Sports/Social achievement (if any)
3. Photocopies of student’s passport. (if available as on day) or National ID proof
4. Also mention the course you wish to join
5. Statement of purpose
Note: If the content in the marks sheet is not in English, then the certified English translated version must also be submitted in addition to the native language certificate.
Submission Through email:all documents should be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org (Office of International Affairs)
Step 2 : Confirmation of Admission : Your documents shall be scrutinized by Admission Committee. If committee approves your admission then we will inform you through email and will send you Provisional Admission Letter (Not for Visa Purpose), offering you admission and contains all details of your Admission fee, Course and immigration.
Step 3 : Payment of Admission Fee : As per offer letter received.
Modes of Fee Payment:
Bank/SWIFT Transfer: Deposit fee in University Account by wire/SWIFT transfer. The Details of the account are as follows-
• Account Holder Name:
• Account No:
• Swift Code:
• Bank Name:
o You may pay fee online using credit/debit card on university website www.sigma.ac.in
o The student / friend /relative may also pay fee in cash in the Accounts Section of Sigma Group of institutes (SGI)
Step 4 : Payment of Fees: Student needs to pay minimum amount discussed at the time of admission, same would be mentioned in the offer letter/ Invoice for Payment. Student can use any payment mode mentioned above. Issuance of Fee Receipt is subject to realization of fees transferred in the bank account.
Step 5 : Final Admission letter and Visa Invitation letter: University Admission Authority will issue the Admission Confirmation Letter stating confirmation of your admission and a Visa Invitation Letter which will be sent to the respective Indian Embassy in your country and a copy to you.
Step 6 : Apply for VISA: Apply for student visa to Indian mission / consulate / embassy in your country by submitting Final Admission Letter, copy of Visa invitation letter and the required documents mentioned by the Indian mission / consulate / embassy to obtain VISA.
Step 7 : Come to India: share us your travel Itinerary to Our Office for International Affairs (OIA) will assist you to reach campus and do all other necessary formalities.
|Admission Office Address:||International Students Cell, SGI|
|Campus Office Address||Bakrol , Ajwa Road, Vadodara|
All foreign nationals admitted at Sigma Group of institutes (SGI) can study with a Student Visa only.
• Students’ should apply for a Student Visa that is valid for more than 180 days in the Indian Consulate / Embassy located in their countries.
• Such students on their arrival in India to start classes will have to register online with the Foreigner’s Registration Office (www.indianfrro.gov.in) within 14 days of their arrival in India
• Once registered the students will be issued a Registration Certificate (RC) and Registration Permit (RP) to his / her email address.
• A copy of the RC and RP will have to be submitted to the International Admissions Office, SGI,Vadodara.
• Student will have to carry a copy of the RC/ RP while travelling in India as well as produce it to the Immigration Office in the airport every time they return to their country.
• If the Student Visa expires during their study, students will have to apply for extension of their student visa online (www.indianfrro.gov.in) at least 30 days prior to its expiry
• If the foreign national wants to apply for a Student Visa from their home country when they go on vacation, will have to collect the Bonafide Certificate from their respective institution/colleges and Eligibility Certificate from the International Admissions Office, SGI, Vadodara.
• Foreign nationals should renew their RC and RP online (www.indianfrro.gov.in) as and when it expires or if they come with a new student visa.
• Foreign Citizens of Indian origin with a People of India (PIO) Card or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are permitted to study in India without a Student Visa and need NOT register with the FRO.
How can a foreign national apply for a Student Visa in the Indian Consulate / Embassy?
A foreign national who has confirmed admission and has paid the first-year course fee will be issued the Confirmed Admission letter by the Admission’s Office of SGI. With this letter, the student can apply for a Student Visa in the Indian Consulate / Embassy.
Do foreign students admitted to other courses like engineering, management; architecture, pharmacy, etc. require ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the Government of India?
No. As per the Resolution dated June 1, 2004, issued by the Department of Secondary & Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, NOC is not required for foreign nationals who wish to pursue their higher studies in India in all institutions/university departments offering technical courses leading to Diploma, Degree and Post-Graduate Degree in Engineering & Technology, Architecture & Town Planning, Pharmacy, Applied Arts, MBA, MCA, Hotel Management & Catering Technology, etc.
For any clarification, contact the International Admissions Office at email@example.com